Thursday, June 19, 2008

Warren Buffet's Secrets of Sucess

hi, if you find this massage is interesting, share with your friends

Warren Buffet's Secrets of Sucess

'Look at market fluctuations as your friend rather than your enemy; profit from folly rather than participate in it.'

• 'The investor of today does not profit from yesterday's growth.'

• 'Of the billionaires I have known, money just brings out the basic traits in them. If they were jerks before they had money, they are simply jerks with a billion dollars.'

• 'I never attempt to make money on the stock market. I buy on the assumption that they could close the market the next day and not reopen it for five years.'

• 'I don't look to jump over 7-foot bars: I look around for 1-foot bars that I can step over.'

• 'I always knew I was going to be rich. I don't think I ever doubted it for a minute.'

• 'We enjoy the process far more than the proceeds.'

• 'You do things when the opportunities come along. I've had periods in my life when I've had a bundle of ideas come along, and I've had long dry spells. If I get an idea next week, I'll do something. If not, I won't do a damn thing.'

• 'I buy expensive suits. They just look cheap on me.'

• 'Let blockheads read what blockheads wrote.'

• 'I do not like debt and do not like to invest in companies that have too much debt, particularly long-term debt. With long-term debt, increases in interest rates can drastically affect company profits and make future cash flows less predictable.'

• 'My grandfather would sell me Wrigley's chewing gum and I would go door to door around my neighbourhood selling it. He also sold me a Coca-Cola for a quarter and I would sell it for a nickel each in the neighbourhood, so I made a small profit. I was always trying to do something like this.'

• 'A public-opinion poll is no substitute for thought.'

No comments: